Printing Tips for Printable Forms
We're sorry to learn you're having difficulty printing forms and calendar pages from this site. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee that every combination of computer, Web browser and printer will be able to print forms successfully.
Try these tips for successful printing:
1) Use Print Preview To Correct Printing Issues. Most Web browsers offer a print preview function that can be used to identify and correct printing issues before you print.
Check your form before you print. You may need to remove headers and footers, enable "print background image and colors" or resize the form to print successfully.
You may need to adjust print settings in your browser to solve these common problems:
- The Form Doesn't Show Up. If the form image is missing from the printed page, enable "print background images and colors" in your browser settings.
- There Are Lines Of Writing At The Top And Bottom Of The Form. If you wish to print a form without seeing these "headers and footers", clear the headers and footers in your Web browser.
- My Form Prints But It Is Too Small Recent browser updates have led to a problem printing our forms: the form prints, but is WAY too small.
We've found the reason, and it affects Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and higher, as well as Mozilla's Firefox browser. It's called "automatic image resize": the browser tries to shrink the image to make it fit into a browser window. Go to print, and you'll end up with a form that's smaller than it should be.
Here's how to tell your browser NOT to use "automatic image resizing":
In Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the Advanced tab, and then scroll down to the Multimedia area.
3. Clear the Enable Automatic Image Resizing check box.
In Mozilla Firefox:
1. In the address bar, type about:config
2. Type “resizing” in the search filter at the top
3. Double-click on "browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing" to change the setting from true to false
4. Restart Firefox
2) Try a Different Browser. Some Web browsers work better than others when it comes to printing from the Web. If you're not able to print successfully, try a different Web browser.
For easiest printing of our forms, we recommend:
The Firefox Print Preview function makes it easy to change settings in order to print forms correctly.
3) Save File Images and Print From A Word Processing Program. If all else fails, you can right-click on the full-sized form image, and save it to your computer.
Open the image in a word processing program to print. Word processors, such as Microsoft Word, offer much better printing controls than Web browsers.
3) Check For Solutions From Other Members. Because this is a free site run by volunteers, we have no customer service department or tech support to answer printing questions.
However, one of our community members may have found an answer to printing issues. Check the Help! forum at OrganizedChristmas.net or OrganizedHome.net: